Saturday, June 30, 2018

Monthly Report June 2018

Things got so crazy at work after Christmas that I never got back to making a monthly report or updating the status of my goals.  Well, I need to make the most of my current unemployment and sew while I can and get caught up.

There has been slight progress on some of my original goals and good progress on the deadline/commissioned stuff that has popped up here and there.  Plus, there was a lot of sewing that was not quilty (school, mending, odd jobs) that is not reported here.  I think that under the circumstances of how my Spring went that I did pretty well.  Taking advantage of the Summer I am encouraged to aim for a few more finishes, especially with some of those lingering WIPs.

With the exception of the Hexagon Leader & Ender project nothing new was started that was not commissioned or work related.  The hexagon project was a result of Little S seeing a design she really liked at the store and me running with it because it is rare that she has that kind of interest and everything was on hand including a bag of already cut hexagons!

FINISHES

Alligator Baby Quilt - FINISHED in January & donated to Little Lambs through Hands 2 Help

Carnival Quilt for Ms. D - FINISHED in February and auctioned off in March

Boxy Stars - DONE DONE DONE

Commissioned Chinese Coins - FINISHED in May

Handprint Quilt - FINISHED in March
  
Scraps from a Friend Baby Quilt - FINISHED in January & sold


Thrift Store Baby Quilt - FINISHED in January & donated to Little Lambs through Hands 2 Help


WORKS IN PROGRESS

BOM Challenge with Jo - I'm keeping up so far 


Curtain Quilt - flimsy is finished, backing is ready


Commissioned Carpenter Star - Flimsy finished in June, backing is ready

Hexagons #1 Leader & Ender project - flimsy finished in June, backing is ready



Little Monkey - flimsy finished in June.  It is destined for our new niece.

Quinceanos Quilt - needs borders


Red White & Blue - went to the long-armer because it was too big for me to wrangle and is back, needs binding


Scrappy Mountains Majesty- needs borders and quilting



Spider Web - needs to be quilted


Strips That Sizzle - still trying to figure out what is wrong with the machine I use for quilting, since this is partway quilted and I don't want to unsew it


X Marks the Spot - needs to be quilted

 


I am seeing a trend.  I get things to the flimsy stage and then they stall.  Part of that is the malfunctioning sewing machine and part of that is that my favorite part of quilting is puzzling together the top.  Hmm.

June has been very productive.  We will see what happens in July.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you need to set a goal of quilting a few each month? Lovely all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking exactly that. You said it out loud for me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!