Friday, June 15, 2018

Friday Finish 061518

My sister asked me a long time ago to make a baby girl quilt for a friend of hers.  I had been wanting to make a Chinese Coin quilt and this was the perfect opportunity.

The machine I usually use that has a wider throat and a simple frame is not working properly.  The thread keeps breaking, so I needed to finish this on my regular domestic machine.

The last time I tried to free motion quilt on it, the results were way less than perfect.  I studied up in preparation for this current task and I think I am doing better.  Woo Hoo.  Now maybe I can take that experience and finish up a few other quilts.
Slow & Steady
I know it would have been easier to use the walking foot, but I had already finished a complete pass with the other machine and I didn't want to pick out 8" of meandering.
Pinks & Grays
Finished just in time.  Whew.

Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict to show off finishes.

Go check out my June Giveaway of fun vacation fabric.






3 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! Perfect for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute little quilt - especially love the bright pink border all around it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!