Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Whatever Wednesday 061318

Do you like mending?  My mending tends to pile up and then some rainy day I will pull it out and work on it, but by then I am uninterested in the item. Recently, Senor G asked me to replace a zipper in his work shorts.  I said no.  I don't mind putting in a zipper, but replacing - no thanks.

This was a special mending job, so I said yes.  My friend's daughter was to be in a wedding and wear a dress that the bride (her cousin?) had worn as a child.  How sweet is that!  But the dress didn't fit quite right.  I took a look at it and yes it hung too low in the front, but it was because the elastic was shot, not because it was too big.  They just wanted a tuck in the sleeves, but in good conscience I had to do better than that.
The old elastic - no wonder the sleeves weren't fitting correctly.


It turned out to be not too difficult to unsew the spot where the elastic entered the bodice, run new elastic through and then hand sew it closed again.  My biggest concern was getting the new elastic the correct length.
Running the new elastic through.
It came out great and they were very pleased. 

Pretty flower girl.
Before you go - go check out my June Giveaway.  Over 2 yards of a fun vacation fabric.

Linking up to Jo's Country Junction to show whatever it is that we are working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!