Monday, June 25, 2018

Design Wall Monday 062518

Hmm.  There is so much space to work in my sewing/project room that I hardly know where to start.  I have to keep reminding myself that starting something new is not an option.

These hexagons blocks have been my leader & ender project, but had taken over the design wall so much that I couldn't reach to put up any more. I thought I probably had enough to starting finishing it up.  But then when I looked better at the design I realized a 3 x 3 layout was not going to work because the blocks are offset from each other.
Testing the layout.
So I came at the problem from another direction and narrowed down the colors to red, yellow, blue, and green.  (I'll save the turquoise and oranges for another quilt.)  This "problem" of a layout actually worked out well.  Since the center hexagons for this project had been found in a bag of precuts I was working with what I had and sometimes I didn't have 6 of the same or coordinating hexagons.  Now that I need a group of only 4 for the sides I can use up even more.  There were enough in this narrowed down color scheme so I moved forward with the new plan.

Reading for setting triangles.
Since I was not leader & endering the last few went together quickly.  I will do the math on the triangles and hopefully get ths off the floor soon.  I am sure enjoying having my floor space back.

Linking up to smallquiltsanddollquilts to show what we are working on.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great quilt! I liked looking at your novelty fabric... I have (had?) the Winnie the Pooh fabric. (The one you had 4 pieces.) All of them are so cute. I think your plan will work out well. Have you decided on the triangle colors? Lots of decisions still to make but you are well on the way! Keep going.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!