Monday, June 18, 2018

Design Wall Monday 061818

My sister need a baby boy quilt.  She tried to find the Over the Moon fabric that she used for the big sister a few years ago, but it was no where to be found.  You can see that quilt HERE, HERE and HERE. So we went with Plan B - stash fabric.

Auditioning Fabrics
I wanted to try a large Carpenter's Star, but with something in the middle.  The pinwheel worked well even though the math was more than I had bargained for.  I just made the triangles in question larger than needed and then mathed my way done until they were right. 

Just before the triangle math got intense!

The inner border I had actually cut first since the neutral had a nice length that was perfect for what I knew my star would end up at.  It was nice to finish the center and move right on to the border.  Usually I have to audition more fabrics and think on it a bit.  This one I knew in advance exactly what I wanted.
First border is on!
Next up is wide border of the blue polka dots with small stars in the corners.

Linking up to small quilts & doll quilts to show what we are working on and Quilting is More Fun Than Housework's  Oh Scrap! to show something made with scraps..



1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!