Monday, January 11, 2016

Commissioned Baby Quilt

I have been commissioned to make a baby quilt.  Went to pick fabric with the client.  It is interesting explaining the hows and whys of fabric combination to a non-quilter.  It took a while and in the end she was happy with her choices and I could envision it all together.  I do like the fabrics and think it will be very delicate for a baby girl.

Bottom - moon inspiration fabric is backing, outer border, squares, burp cloths
Gray, chevron & pink w flowers - squares
White - inner border
Deer Head - binding, burp cloths
Gray Flannel (not pictured) - burp cloth backing 

Since it isn't for me and isn't scraps I did pre-wash it all.  Unfortunately now I have to iron it all.

So as soon as I finish up another sewing job that has been in the que since November I will start on this.    There will be burp cloths too.  Personalized.  By mid-February.  Sure.  What was I thinking?

Get off the computer and go sew!

Linking up to Patchwork Times


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you just have to go sew! Good luck with all you have to do by mid-February.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!