Friday, January 15, 2016

Carnival Auction Quilt #1

I'm making two auction quilts this Spring.  One for Ms D's class for the third year.  Last year Little S was in her class so last year's quilt was a bit more personal.  Funny story the previous year.  Ms D asked if I'd do it again this year.  So that class and Little S's current class will auction quilts this year.

I did a trunk show type quilt lesson for both classes before they made their squares.  Ms D was fast and they had their blocks done quickly just before a slow weekend and I already had a plan in my mind so I got that top done a while back but never showed it off. 

I had been gifted some bright fun scraps just before so I worked them right into that quilt.  Kind of wild but the class loves it.   Now for the quilting.  It will get a solid navy blue backing to calm it down a bit.

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts   and  Confessions of a Fabric Addict  showing off finishes.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!