Friday, January 1, 2016

Frustrating Friday Un-finish

I had a finish. I really did.

But as I finished webbing it together the black fabric began to shred whenever it was tugged.

 Always at the setting square not the white block.  Strange.
At first I thought I could just replace the weak ones and then quilt it to death.  But after it was all done I realized it just was not going to work. I would have to unsew it all.

It is the auction quilt for Little S's class so it will most likely be handled a lot.  I could not in good conscience give them a faulty quilt. So I spent the evening unsewing and will try again tomorrow.
It was so hard to unsew the setting squares that I think I will cut the squares down to 2" rather than struggle with the unsewing.  I need 2" squares for another project so that will work just fine. 

At least I know what I am doing and just have to recut sashing and squares.  No agonizing over the colors and layout all over ago.  And I i know to give all future fabrics the shred test before using.

Go on over to Confessions of a Fabric Addict to see that others were more successful this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!