Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Tasty Tuesday - Biscuits & Gravy

I like Biscuits & Gravy and order it when I get the chance at a restaurant and even suffer through the poor versions at hotel breakfasts.  Last summer Little S decided that she also like Biscuits & Gravy so we tried to make our own.  Turns out it isn't that complicated.
Square biscuits

After church last week we decided to try breakfast for lunch at a local restaurant where I usually order Biscuits & Gravy.  Well, they had undergone some changes and nothing we ordered was what we expected.  Very disappointing.
Trying a product from Aldi.

So I was motivated to make it myself and this holiday weekend seemed perfect.  I'm sure there are fancy, healthy versions, but this is what works for us.  And since my Tasty Tuesday recipes are really a way to document family favorites for my girls ...
Here comes the flavor!

BISCUITS & GRAVY

1 package southern gravy mix - any brand.  Make as directed.  I happened to have one from Aldi that I was trying out, but I've used other brands with equal success.

1 lb pork sausage - cooked and drained.  We use as mild as I can find.

1 batch of biscuits - Our favorite recipe found HERE. 

Combine sausage and gravy.  Spoon over split biscuits.  Enjoy.


Surprisingly, it was probably faster to make it all myself than going to the restaurant.  Definitely yummier!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!