Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Tasty Tuesday - Biscuits

We had Breakfast for Dinner the other night.  That made me think that I need to pass this recipe along to the girls for sure.

I have had this recipe since we lived in Russia - and it looks like it!  I cut it out of a magazine and I have no idea which one.   I am pretty sure this was from before College R was even born.  (Ooops, I guess she is now Grown Up R!)   I have used it so many times that it is nearly unreadable now.  For a while I made biscuits so often I had it memorized.  Since we moved to the USA I have used it less, because we have more food options overall.  I've even tried other recipes.  But this is still our favorite.

These are from patting it out thick - 9 biscuits from the recipe.

Baking Powder Biscuits

(Makes 16 regular biscuits or 9 thick biscuits.  Easily doubled.)

Preheat oven to 450F.

In bowl, mix:
2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt

Cut in:
1/2 c unsalted butter until crumbly   (if the girls want "extra buttery", I use 1 cup butter)

Stir in:
1/3 cup milk.  Knead lightly.

 Turn out dough only lightly floured surface.

With hands, pat to 1/2 inch thick rectangle or roll with lightly floured rolling pin.  (Often I just pat it thick.)

Cut into 16 squares.    (I get 9 biscuits, but thicker.)

Place on baking sheet.

Bake 12 minuted or until browned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!