Friday, June 3, 2016

Meet in the Middle is Done, Done, Done!

Somehow the size of this quilt made me think it would take forever, but it went so quickly.  The piecing was fast and the quilting was fast.  It helped that school is out and I have more time now.  Over 2 days I got it quilted and bound.  A record for me.  I am very, very pleased with how it turned out.

It is destined for my SIL as a wedding gift.  She and her fiance chose several designs and gave me the color preferences and I picked what I wanted to make.  So it is a surprise for them, but I know they will like it.  WIN! WIN!

This is Meet in the Middle from Jo's Country Junction.  I made it longer and wider so it is plenty large for a full-size bed.   It actually turned out nearly square so it can go either direction, which is kind of neat as well.  This was a design that I liked when it first came out and I am so glad I had to opportunity to make it.  I definitely recommend this pattern for ease of construction and quickness to put together.

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Crazy Mom Quilts to show off finishes.


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt! And neutral enough it will go with any décor. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this design - and your blue version looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt turned out gorgeous and what a lovely wedding gift! I found the photo on Pinterest and was instantly drawn to it...now I want to make one too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!