Friday, May 27, 2016

H2H Finished at Last

I am very pleased with this finish.  The progress stretched out over a LOOONNNGG period of time but that's just the way life is sometimes.
The quilting was very intentionally done before we drove to Georgia for R's college graduation.  Seven hours on the road was more than enough to get all the thread tails sewn in which was the plan.  

I really wanted to get it completed so I can start quilting the Meet in the Middle wedding quilt, which has a fast approaching deadline.  But I also needed to clean up the giant mess in the sewing/project room that had accumulated as life went on in other rooms.  It's not a big room to start with, but when there is no room to stand something has to give.   
I physically could not move around enough to get the quilt squared and a binding prepared so that delayed the finish even more. Last weekend I was determined and I am super pleased with my cleaning progress and my finish.  Now I can move on in good conscience.  I wish I had taken a before picture of the room.

The backing was from my mother's stash.  Hate is a pretty strong word, but I just did not like this fabric.  But when I started looking for backing for this quilt it was perfect.  Pink, black, roses, extra wide, long enough.  Perfect.  I used it for the binding as well and I really, really like the way it came out.

Glad I took the H2H challenge.  Glad I used the UFO units.  Glad to find a home for a big chunk of fabric. Glad to now have a positive memory for this piece of my mother's stash.  Glad this quilt will cover someone in LOVE!!


Linking to Confessions of a Fabric Addict to show off not just any finish but that my H2H quilt is finished and ready to mail out to Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo!!!

Catching up on showing off a finish over at Crazy Mom Quilts.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats with this finish it is a beauty!!!
    I undrstand what you tell about the backing fabric, it is not my favorite either, but I had to admit it is perfect with this top. Sometimes we must not choose with our heart but with our mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the finish! That is a dazzling quilt pattern. I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish! And your mother's fabric was just waiting for the perfect quilt for which to be used. Wonderful that you are donating it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this quilt - the design, colors and the backing too. Is this a Bonnie Hunter design? BTW, I found you through Crazy Mom Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is made from units from Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion mystery. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!