Friday, March 9, 2018

Handprint Quilt

Our school Art Show was last night.  This quilt that was made (mostly) by the students was on display.  The parents could not believe their children had even touched the sewing machine, let alone safety pins!

Bright and cheery!
It was so fun to make and share the joy of sewing with the children.  It will stay on display in the classroom til the end of the school year and then it will come home with me since the handprint squares were a birthday gift from the students.  I think it will be a nice wall hanging in my sewing/project room.  Now I am trying to think of something we can sew for mother's day.
On display representing Summer.
Now that the Art Show is over, and our student who is moving to another school has had her send off (with the all important, super time-consuming portfolio!), and my application for a new job is nearly ready to hit the submit button I am hoping to get back to some semblance of normality.  Sewing has been hit or miss for a few weeks and I am missing it.  It really is my therapy.  I have two deadline quilts coming up and that will give me some focus.

Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Crazy Mom Quilts to show off finishes.


3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!