Friday, March 23, 2018

Bunny Bag Bonanza

I saw these Bunny Treat Bags and just couldn't get them out of my mind.  I was smart enough to realize that making 16 of them for my students was not the best way to go about it.
Filled and ready to go home.

So the students did the initial sewing in class and then I finished them up.  They even learned how to turn the ears inside out.  Some of them were able to thread the ribbon through with the safety pin.
Stinkin' cute!

We did this along with an egg drop (protect the egg and drop it from the ladder) instead of a party and big egg hunt and it was a huge success.  I am not big on parties.
Love 'em!

So with some help from my students I have a finish to report.

Disclaimer: While I did follow the directions found at this site - mostly - there were a few adaptions for the sake of ease for sewing with children.  I did not print out the directions (too lazy) but free-handed ears on the 5" squares and that worked fine.  I also just turned the fabric freely to get the lower curve on the face as the kids had the pedal to the metal.  I did not make the buttonholes.  I just cut a tiny slit and for the use it will get that will be fine.  Some got ironed and some didn't.  I do recommend taking the time to iron.

Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Crazy Mom Quilts to show off finishes.

3 comments:

  1. Those are really cute and I bet the kids had a great time helping with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a idea! Including them in the process was truly a win-win! I'll bet your students will treasure those bunnies for a long time. How are you able to have 16 students in a class? You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!