Friday, March 16, 2018

Friday Finish - Burp Cloths

My SIL in Guatemala is having a baby.  She is the baby of the family (by 20 years!) so this is a big deal for the family.  I had been holding off making anything until I knew the gender.  Then we recently got word that the ultrasound showed that it was a girl.
Elegant burp cloths

So when I received the big blessing a fabric a few weeks ago, I pulled out some very pretty fabric that was already the correct size for burp cloths.  There was also coordinating flannel.  It was the weekend before Senor G was headed down to Guatemala and before the super busy weeks at work started, so I got a set of 4 burp cloths made for him to take down.
Definitely will hide messy clean ups!

While he was gone, my girls reported that they don't really know that the baby is a girl - or they aren't saying for sure.  Oh well.  They have girl burp cloths and if it isn't a girl they can gift them to someone else.  I am glad I didn't make a quilt until I know absolutely for sure. 

Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Crazy Mom Quilts to show off finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!