Sunday, February 25, 2018

Blessed with Fabric

What else can I say when someone GIVES me giant bags of fabric.  I can't worry about the stash report and I certainly can't say "no, thank you."
A Glorious Mess!

My co-worker is cleaning out and was as happy to get rid of it as I was to receive it!!
Fleece and flannel.

It was like Christmas going through it.  I found some that is perfect for burp clothes for my SIL that I need to make ASAP so they will be ready for delivery to Guatemala early this week.
Seersucker and cotton

Some of it is regular lengths, but a lot is strange shaped scraps.  So I'm just going to round it out at 10 yards.  If it becomes obvious that I am way off I will adjust my report later.
Decorator weight

I can't wait for life to calm down a bit so I can really get into it!!!
Burp Clothes in the Making!


Fabric Purchased this week: 0 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 21.24 yards

Fabric Acquired this week: 10 yards
Fabric Acquired YTD: 10 yards

Fabric Used this week:   4 yards for Spider Web center
Fabric Used YTD: 24.26 yards

Total: 6.98 yards stashed



Between school and home I sewed every day.  My class is making a quilt for the upcoming art show.  We made the quilt "sandwich" this week and then started machine quilting.

Taking the tape off after it was all pinned.
I was so impressed - 4- and 5-year-old using safety pins with not a single pricked finger.  They poked and I closed.  Then they sewed straight lines with the walking foot.  They love it.  In all honesty they are not guiding the fabric, but they are pushing the pedal and stopping and starting when and where indicated.  It is all a process and they are loving it.

Days stitched this week: 7/7
Days stitched this month:  Feb 23/24
Days stitched this year: 51/55
Success Rate: 93%


Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate to stay accountable with the stash and Life in Pieces  to keep sewing every day.





4 comments:

  1. Lucky you being gifted fabric. The little ones are so cute working on the quilt. At that age they are so open to new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing you are doing to introduce your young students to sewing/quilting. Some of them are bound to carry it on in their lives at some point. Nice friend to gift you so many useable fabrics and such a variety. I agree, it's hard to say no to free fabric even when we don't need any more. There is always someone who you can regift what you can't use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some fun stuff in this week. Congrats on finding time to stitch all this week. How fun that the kids are stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful. It is so much fun to work kiddos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!