Monday, February 12, 2018

Design Wall Monday 021218 Hand Prints

Our preschool art show is coming up.  Our class is working on assembling the hand print blocks the kids gave me for my birthday back in the fall.

Blocks numbered and ready to web.

At the last minute I had a brainstorm of how the kids (4- and 5-years old) could each have a turn to sew, but the blocks wouldn't get out of order.  Webbing is how I usually assemble blocks.  I realized that if I numbered the blocks in order and each child picked up the assigned number(s) it would work. 

Block #20 chosen to be next.
Sure enough.  It worked and was good math practice in the process.  They can count, but this was number recognition.  We also worked out the pattern - color plain color plain color plain.  A very good lesson before it is even the quilt that they can't wait to finish.


First step in webbing complete.
 Linking up to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts to show what we are working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!