Sunday, February 18, 2018

It's beginning to look a lot like Spring!

Fabric In:  I was on the other side of town for an appointment and ended up near a thrift store that often has good sales on holidays and at the end of the month, but is too far away to visit often.  Sometimes they have fabric, but it is usually over-priced.  Not on this day.  Several half yard cuts were $0.50 and everything was half off.  There were some pieces that were well over a yard for $1.50.  There were others that had obviously been priced by someone else because they were too high for me for something I don't really need.  

It looks like Spring!

The rolled bundle is flannel from my favorite thrift store that I also had to pass on the way home!  My SIL is expecting and the initial ultrasound indicates it's a girl.  I thought this would make pretty burp clothes.  It was 1/2 yard for $0.50 - the most expensive fabric I bought that day!!
Washed, measured and folded.

I had used up most of my basic solids making pillowcases for Harvey victims, so this was a perfect way to replenish the stash.  The green leopard would have been perfect in the carnival quilt I just finished, but it will find its way into something else fun.  The plaid - no idea, but I am partial to plaids.

8.11 yards for $4.25  $0.52/yard


Fabric Out:  I finished Boxy Stars and the Carnival Quilt in the previous weeks so I broke out another UFO bag.  Spider Web triangles.  I got the last few de-papered and then got them all sewn together.  Looking back I can see that I have been working at this at least since summer 2016.  It sure feels good to be this much closer.  Since this is an entire step finished in this quilt I can count it as fabric out.  4 yards
Making progress.  Thinking on borders now.
Note: When I first started making a stash report I decided that I would count fabric out as each particular step was done.  Since I usually work in spurts as I find time this system works for me. I see small bits of progress more often which motivates me more than a large chunk very rarely.


Fabric Purchased this week: 8.11 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 21.24 yards


Fabric Used this week:   4 yards for Spider Web center
Fabric Used YTD: 24.26 yards

Total: 3.02 yards used



No work brought home this week, so lots more energy for sewing.  I love how the little bits of found time all add up to finishes. 

Days stitched this week: 7/7
Days stitched this month:  Feb 16/18
Days stitched this year: 44/48
Success Rate: 92%


Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate to stay accountable with the stash and Life in Pieces  to keep sewing every day.



4 comments:

  1. The spider web quilt is really interesting. You're having such a good year finishing things and staying in positive numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your finds. I don't seem to have the thrift stores around me that ever get fabric in when I'm in the area. Maybe that is a good things. LOL
    Love your spiderweb quilt. I've never done one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty thrift store finds. Congrats on the progress on another UFO, that always feels so good to see progress. Great stash and time management this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great score, and they DO look like spring! I LOVE the spider web quilt; I have one on my bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!