Monday, February 19, 2018

Design Floor Monday 021918

I have working on re-configuring these blocks left from an old mystery.  Sundays on the drive to church I worked at un-sewing all the white triangles in each unit.  Then I replaced them with pink as leaders & enders.  I think there were 80 units in all.  Quite an undertaking, but doing it slowly it didn't seem overwhelming.
Ready to sew into blocks.
There was no deadline for this, so I just worked away at it slowly.  Until one day they were all ready to join together in blocks that looked like their 25 sister blocks.
Hoping for no repeats within a block.
Then came the dilemma.  There were already 25 blcoks like this.  I added 20 more.  45 is not a very good number for a nicely proportioned quilt.  Remove 3 for a 6x7 layout?  Or add 3 for a 6x8 layout?  Since I had enough leftover pieces and I didn't want any leftover blocks I went with add 3. 

So now there are 48 blocks ready to go.  I did all my math for sashings and picked out turquoise squares from the precut scrap drawer for setting stones.  But for now it is back in the drawer as a UFO.

I have to find something else to work on on the way to church.

Linking up to small quilts and doll quilts to show what we are working on.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have to drive a long distance to get to church? My husband used to have to drive long distances and I would take a hexie project. I got a lot done. I guess we need to go on another trip because I haven't worked on it for a while. Your blocks are very cheerful. It will be a happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!