Wednesday, March 14, 2018

UFO Challenge - Cobwebs

In my determination to finish things,  my spiderweb blocks finally made it to the top of the pile a few weeks ago.  I love the look of string piecing, but it turns out I don't really like to do it.

The last 4 triangles had already been made, but needed to be de-papered.  Then I played with a few layouts. The reds are not all the same, so I wanted to get them pretty well randomized but I didn't want to agonize over it and not get it done.
Spiderweb Blocks ready for a border (s)

It is always good to try new things and I am not sorry I started this, just not sure I would string piece again.  But who knows.  So many quilts I like are string pieced I may just have to get over it.  The thriftiness of it sure appeals to me!

It definitely needs borders, so I made end up string piecing some more after all.  But for now there are some deadline projects looming on the horizon, so this is back on the UFO pile, but one step closer to finished.

Linking up to Jo's Country Junction to share UFO progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!