Friday, July 8, 2016

Design Floor

I needed something mindless to sew a few weeks ago and these spiderweb blocks did the trick just fine.  They are on-going project.  I have figured out that I don't really like string piecing, but I do like this quilt by Bonnie Hunter so I will work away at it.
11 of the 16.5 blocks 
I was aiming for 16 blocks, but ended up with 16.5.  I thought I made the 14 more triangles needed, but apparently in my mindlessness I made 16.  So now I am thinking to just bite the bullet and make 14 more triangles for a total of 20 blocks.  With borders I'll end up with a twin size quilt.  That is in the future though.  For now I am just happy to have had an opportunity to sew and to have made progress.

Update: In the Grand Reconfiguring of the upstairs I found the original "kite" pattern and some already cut red kites.  I went ahead and prepped everything else I needed for the last 14 triangles.  So I am ready for some mindless sewing in the future.  

Head on over to Patchwork Times to see what other folks are working on.


3 comments:

  1. This looks like an awesome stain glass window. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindless sewing is a great stress reducer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of string piecing or foundation work either, but boy those spiderwebs look great. Glad you helped yourself along by finding the additional sections.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!