Friday, May 3, 2019

The Carpenter's Star that Wasn't

While we were in Guatemala at Christmas time I helped my mother-in-law prep a quilt for my niece who was expecting a baby girl.  I had just finished the blue Carpenter's Star for baby CW and it seemed like a good idea to make it in pink.

There was plenty of stash to work with.  I did the cutting, my MIL cooked lunch, and the girls helped lay it out and labeled the pieces the best they could.


Thankfully there was an extra bed where it could stay until she got it sewn together.


Unfortunately after we left the layout got mixed up so she didn't continue and made something else.  She is very resourceful so I am sure the quilt she made was just as nice.


I can't wait to get back to Guatemala to see the grand niece and work on this puzzle of a quilt again.

Don't forget to check out the first of the summer giveaways.  

Linking up to Confessions  of a Fabric Addict to show off finishes or almost a finish!

1 comment:

  1. SEW sorry that your MIL's design got mixed up!! Here's hoping you can straighten it out on your next visit. It promised to be a super sweet quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!