Friday, May 17, 2019

Super Carnival Quilt

For the 6th year I made an auction signature quilt for Ms. D's class.  My idea this year was to make hour glass blocks as the alternating blocks in greens since that is her favorite color.

The weekend before I started making them I found a great piece of super hero fabric at the thrift store.  Perfect.  That could be the backing and borders.

On the same day, but at a different store I had found small cuts of bright solids which turned out to be the same colors as in the super hero fabric.

I quilted it with a bright variegated thread in double lines around the seams.  The quilt went together pretty quickly which was a good thing since I was still in the throes of 120 hours of professional development.  The kids loved it.

Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict to show off finishes.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun, whimsical quilt! It’s so vibrant. Whoever receives it will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!