Friday, May 10, 2019

Bright Hexagon Quilt Finds the Perfect Home

I made the Bright Hexagon Quilt a while back when Little S saw the design and I figured I could make it with what I had on hand.

I tried to sell it in a few craft shows and on Etsy with no luck.  In all honesty I am not good at selling what I make.  It is much easier for me to give it away, so not selling it didn't break my heart - or the bank since it was all from stash.

Fast forward a few months and the Bright Hexagon Quilt is still sitting waiting for some attention and a co-worker is expecting a new grandson.  There is a lot more to the story but the bottom line was that I really felt like giving the quilt to her was the right thing to do even though the baby-to-be was several states away, it might be a while before she saw him, and he truly did not need a thing.  I tried to talk myself out of it because she might take it the wrong way.

In the end, I couldn't get over the feeling in my heart that she needed the quilt.  So I wrapped it up real pretty and gave it to her.

Oh my.  It was one of those times that I could not anticipate or explain, but boy was it the right thing to do.  The look on her face and the story she told me - I'll never forget it.

Before I didn't worry much about selling a product.  Now I really don't.  My sewing ability is something I need to use to bless others.  This quilt was a big reminder of that to me.

Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict to share finishes.

3 comments:

  1. I love this quilt. I've made a few kaleidoscope quilts and love the results. Hexagon quilts tend to look more difficult than they are. Like you, I cannot sell a quilt. I can't count the quilts I have given away. I was making quilts for retiring coworkers until someone made it feel like an obligation. This year I found Hands2Help. I will concentrate on this and similar causes in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your quilt found the perfect home. It is special to share our talents with those who have a need, however, I hope you will not give up also selling some. We can share in many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is just lovely! I love the story about giving it to your co-worker. I’m like you in regard to selling my jewelry. My goal is to get the cost of supplies back. But I’m often just as happy giving my pieces away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!