Sunday, May 5, 2019

Opening the Books on 2019

I love the stash reports because I love the math of it.  In my effort to get the sewing room in order and get back to sewing I am also trying to get my numbers in order so that I can track my progress.

Even though I wasn't sewing much during the first months of 2019 I was still thrifting (it's my therapy!) and getting those "good buys" that I couldn't leave behind.  My base price is pretty low for thrifted fabric, so at least I wasn't breaking the bank and if I end up giving it away that's not a bad thing either.  I think I'm going to track price per yard as I go rather than at the end of the year and see if that is easier this year.

So - in no order whatsoever - here's the damage for the first months of 2019:
Just in case you wanted to know what 55 yards of fabric looks like!!
Fabric In:

BEAM Thrift -
light green -  0.33 yds  25c
butterfly calico - 2 yds  50c
grey linking circles - 1.53 yds  $1
bright polka dots - 2.81  $2
"Kenta" plaid - 6 yds $1.50  (3 pieces, some discolored spots)
misc animal prints - 2.03 yds   $1
solid blue - 3.76 yds  $2
olive green w/ lines - 1.93 yds  $1
aqua flannel - 0.53  25c
pink polka dots - 0.53  25c
super hero - 3.39 yds  $4
solid green - 2 yds  $1
back of white fabric scraps - 0.68  $1
red solid - FQ 50c
aqua chevron - FQ  50c
green/yellow tie dye - 0.24  25c
maroon flannel w/ swirls - 0.39   25c  (misc pieces)
grey grunge - 0.42  25c  (misc pieces)
light blue flannel - 0.28 yds  50c
blue fern batik - 2.09 yds  $1
maroon solid - 3.83 yds  $2

Hospice Thrift -
turquoise flannel - 1.72 yds  $2
white - 1.17 yds  50c
rabbit boy panel - 1 yd   $2.50
aqua w/ flowers - 1.38 yds  $1.75
rabbit girl panel - 1 yd  $2.50
olive green - 0.66 yds  50c
red & peach stripe - 0.75 yds  75c
misc solids - 3 yds  $2.75
orange w/ vine - FQ 50c

Free to Me - 
pink ABC flannel - 0.50 yds  - gift from my sister, who couldn't resist buying it!
solid green - 1.25 yds
pink w/ green swirls - 2 yds
white & brown shirting - 5 yds


Fabric Purchased Since Last Report - 46.20 yds
Fabric Purchased YTD - 46.20 yds

Free to Me Since Last Report - 8.75 yds
Free to Me YTD -  8.75 yds

Fabric Used Since Last Report - 0 yds
Fabric Used YTD - 0 yds

Fabric Movement -  54.95  stashed 

Price/Yard YTD - $0.64 / yard

Holy Guacamole!!  I better stay out of the thrift stores.  Doing the numbers this way is much more alarming than having fabric go in and out on the same report.

But it is what it is, so I will leave this report as only fabric in and work on catching up on the fabric out for next week.
2019+15+minute+To+Stitch_2-001.jpg (1600×1600)

In my effort to get back to sewing I also made it a goal to try to work on sewing related tasks for 15 minutes a day as challenged by Kate over at Life in Pieces.  Since I am starting my year with the month of May my numbers are a little off, but that's okay.  As long as it keeps me on track.

Days spent on sewing related tasks this month: 4/4
Days spent on sewing related tasks this year: 4/4
Percentage of time on task: 100%

Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate and Life in Pieces to stay accountable.

2 comments:

  1. It always amazes me how little 55 yards of fabric looks. You can get a good number of quilts out of that. I can't even imagine how many quilts I can make from my stash. I don't thrift, but I do buy on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your thrifty price is pretty awesome. You should have some awesome quilts and projects out of that. Welcome to the 15 minutes to stitch. Looks like you've gotten off to a good start in May. Thanks for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!