Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Tasty Tuesday - Chicken Quesadillas

Every now and then we end up with grilled chicken breasts leftover from lunches where Senor G has office space.  They just don't seem to be quite as good leftover and cut up over salad isn't my thing.

So I was looking for a better idea for using them then cutting them up for soup or fried rice.  Little S and I googled and found a winner.  Check out https://gimmedelicious.com/2014/06/07/quick-and-easy-leftover-chicken-quesadillas/

I made a double batch in order to use up all the chicken I had at them time.  It turned out to be a good thing since we all wanted to take them in our lunches for the rest of the week.

Instead of mixing by hand I used the KitchenAide and that made the mixture all nice and smooth.  I added black beans and extra cheese before grilling them. 

Instead of grilling on the stove I used the George Foreman and that heated it all though and left some nice grill lines as well.  As soon as I heard a sizzle I took them off and they were perfectly done.

I just made them again this week and used leftover roast chicken along with some chicken breasts.  I added an entire can of drained seasoned beans while they were mixing and it blended in nicely and added another layer of flavor.  The first few that I made were too full and ran over quite a bit when grilling.  I was more careful on the others.

Quick and Easy Leftover Chicken Quesadillas

from Gimme Delicious

4 8-10 in flour tortillas
1 c shredded cooked chicken
1/2 c shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 c cream cheese, softened
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 c chopped cilantro
salt & pepper to taste

1.  In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, chicken, cheese, garlic powder, cilantro, salt and pepper.  Mix thoroughly until well combined.

2.  Heat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat.  Carefully place one tortilla on the pan, top with half the mixture and spread out evenly, top with another tortilla.  Cook for 2 minutes then flip with a spatula and cook the other side for 2 minutes or until light golden and the cheese is melted.  Repeat for second quesadilla.

3.  Remove from heat and cut into 8 slices.  Serve with salsa or guacamole.

When I had small tortillas I used 2 tortillas for one quesadilla.  When I had larger tortillas I only spread filling on one side and then folded it in half before grilling.  That's why the pictures don't seem to match the description.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!