Friday, May 31, 2019

Every Day for the Month of May Report

I started May off with a challenge to myself to do something sewing related every day.  I had not sewn regularly this year because of work overload and I was really needing to.  My challenge started off well.  I got my sewing area cleaned up.  I made myself work on the never-ending hexagon project.  I did some hems for a friend and learned to make a tiny rolled hem in the process.  I worked on the BOM project and got inspiration. And at last I was motivated to start on a fun project - but in a reasonable size.
Did I do something sewing related every day?  No.  But I only missed 4 days and those were all for good cause -  end of the school year exhaustion and job hunting.  So I think my overall goal of getting myself back into the sewing room and focused on something did work.

I also got back into blogging which does help me stay accountable.  I got caught up on my Stash Reports and Friday Finishes.  I can see a direct correlation between not sewing and adding to the stash, so I am very happy to have fabric moving the right direction again.

My summer break has started and I am excited that I am already motivated to sew and craft and don't have to take the first month to clean and organize like I did last summer.  Here's hoping for a good, relaxing summer of sewing and crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!