Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Tasty Tuesday - Carrot Casserole

I made this casserole a few weeks ago when we had company and I couldn't find my usual carrot recipe.  Turned out that Little S actually liked carrots this way so we made it again for company last week.  I had her make it and she did a great job.  Her verdict this time was - not enough cheese!  Hmmm.  Everyone else liked it though, so I thought it was worth posting for posterity.  I started the Tasty Tuesday posts as a way to record family favorites for my girls.
Original Recipe

The recipe came from my mother who got it from a woman at church who brought it regularly to pot lucks.
Leftover Carrot Casserole

Carrot Casserole 
from Jane Maybray


1 lb carrots - slice & cook in salt water, drain, then puree or mash

Add to the mashed carrots:
1/2 c chopped onions
1 c grated cheddar cheese (or more!)
1/4 t salt
2/3 c mayonnaise
1 t sugar

Mix well and place in greased casserole dish.
Top with buttered cracker crumbs or seasoned bread crumbs.

Bake at 350F 20 minutes or until bubbly.

Serves 4-6

1 comment:

  1. That looks interesting. I will have to try it when I have carrots that aren't getting used. I wonder if other vegetables would work with it - parsnips should, maybe sweet potatoes or some other root vegetable. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!