Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Reusable Makeup Wipe Tutorial

My daughter asked for these, then her sister, then their Besties.  There are a lot of tutorials out there and there are lots for sale on Etsy.   I was hesitant to put my own tutorial out, but since it seems to be readily available already I don't think I'm stepping on any toes.

Miaismine asked how I made them so here goes: 

Cut 2 3" flannel squares for each wipe.

cut 2 3" squares
 I like to cut a 3" x 6" piece when fabric allows.
OR a 3" x 6" rectangle


Match squares wrong sides together.  If using 6" x 3" fold in half wrong sides together.

wrong sides together

Sew around the edges with a blanket stitch, close zig zag or whatever your machine can do.  Even a double line of straight stitching would do the trick.
sew around with a finishing stitch, curving the corners

I don't sew the squared corner, but curve as I go around the corner.  This came about from trial & error.  By cutting the curve first I still had to cut again when I trimmed and it was harder to sew when the curve was already cut.

trim and ... done!
Trim as needed, trim off the corners.

Voila!!



Wash with like colors in a lingerie bag.

These become more absorbent after they are washed.

I saw sets ranging from 12 - 24 wipes on Etsy.  How many you need depends on your laundry situation.  I only made 16 for College E, but I will make her a bunch more before she heads back.

Hope you like this tutorial.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the bun recipe and the make up removal tut!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!