Friday, July 27, 2018

Carpenter Star is Finished

I was so close to being finished that I pushed through yesterday to get the binding on.

The sun is coming up over the clothesline.
I had used up all the polka dot fabric, so had to find something else for the binding.  There wasn't enough of the handkerchief or the woven squares fabric, so I went with the blue with tiny white details.  It is the exact same color of blue as the polka dot border and backing so it works well.  
Corner detail

I like the thickness of the quilt since it will likely go on the floor for baby to play on, but it was a bear to work with.  I think I'll stick with my Florida thin battings from now on.

Receiving the first morning's rays of sunlight.
This was a commissioned quilt and isn't due until October, but it is good to have it off my plate.  I would definitely make this design again.

Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Busy Hands Quilts to show off finishes. 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby quilt! What kind of batting were you using that's thicker than normal? Is it wool or a polyester? It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a piece I got at the thrift store. It was just the right size for this quilt and gives it extra padding which is good for floor quilts for babies, which is where this one is headed. It was polyester, so was a bit stiff to work with.

      Delete
  2. I love this! Blue is one of my fav colors, and your quilt turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Blue is my favorite too. I have more blue fabric than any other and still have a hard time cutting into it!

      Delete
  3. Great finish! It will be a great quilt for the little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is now in the client's hands and she is pleased. It will go to her friend's baby in October.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!