Friday, July 20, 2018

Friday Finish 072018


I have a near finish.  I got the carpenter star quilt sandwiched on Tuesday.  The batting is thicker than what I usually use and it gave it great texture.  I used a variegated blue thread for the blue sections and cream for the background.  I used my walking foot for the straight lines.
I love the walking foot.
I tried some free motion shapes in the small background triangles. 
Some curves to work with all the straight lines.
For the oval in the larger background triangles I marked the oval first since I didn't think I could free motion that. The oval was large enough that I could use the walking foot for sewing it and an echo line inside and outside of it.
Echo stitching around oval

I need to finish up the borders, but that will be more straight lines and should get done today with no problem.
Lots of texture.

This is a commissioned quilt.  It isn't due until October, so I way ahead of the game.  Woo hoo!

Linking up to Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday and Busy Hands Quilts to show off (near) finishes!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa, that's a wonderful almost finish! What batting did you use to make it fluffier? Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could tell you what batting it was. I got it at the thrift store and it was unlabeled. But it was $2 and was enough for this quilt and the bit that was left over will be padding for a stool I am recovering. It is 1/2" thick and I usually use 1/4" for here in Florida. This quilt is likely going to be used on the floor with the baby so the extra thickness is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beauty. I love the free motion quilting that you did within the walking foot quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!