Sunday, July 1, 2018

Stash Report 070118

FABRIC IN:  I have not deliberately been to the thrift store, but since I was in the area for something else I couldn't help but stop by, right?  Two little bags of fabric - the price was right and they were brights which I am lacking.

Small Bag  1.06 yds for $0.25


Large Bag1.74 yds for $0.50

FABRIC OUT:

I donated a box of sheets I had been saving for backings to someone who uses them.  I have not have very good success with sheets as backings and it was time to pass them on. Sheets and a few other scraps 20.37 yards

In a surprise finish I got the hexagon quilt to the flimsy stage and even prepared the backing since I had something on hand that would work.  4.38 yards for the top
Hexagon Flimsy

Grown Up R asked me to make her some reusable cotton makeup wipes.  She sent me a photo and that was all I needed to get a batch whipped up for her and College E.  Easy peasy and they used up lots of flannel scraps.  They each got a set in the colors of their choice.  0.5 yards
R choose greens & browns.
24 wipes ready to go.


Fabric Purchased since last report: 2.8 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 44.06 yards

Fabric Acquired since last report: 0 yards
Fabric Acquired YTD: 22.65 yards

Fabric Used since last report: 25.25 yards 
Fabric Used YTD: 92.21 yards

Total: 25.5 yards destashed

I am happy with my progress both in letting go of some fabrics and getting back into the sewing groove and getting some finishes.




Kate over at Life In Pieces has challenged us to try to stitch 15 minutes each day.  I was in the sewing room every day this week.  Quite a bit of forward progress was made and I am glad for that as it is reflected in the stash report as well.

Days stitched since last report:7/7
Days stitched this year: 165/181
Success Rate: 91%


Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate and Life in Pieces to keep accountable.

6 comments:

  1. Make up wipes. That sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a successful week! Those flannel pads are a great idea!! And too cute on the burp pad, great idea for bazaar items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been busy. I like the idea of make-up wipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did really well to get rid of some things you'll never use, AND to finish the hexagon top, too. Your sewing days percentage is impressive, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did really well with your fabric finds and even better with using up some stash. Have a great week of stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!