Sunday, July 29, 2018

Stash Report

I did not do very well this week.  College E wanted to go thrifting.  My favorite little store had some amazing deals.  I know I had just told myself that someone else might want that great deal and I could leave it there, but it didn't work this week.  One of the volunteers even said, "I knew you'd be back!"

 Fabric In:  Not all of it was fabric, but it was all useful and "a great deal".

Unopened packages of double wide binding! $0.25/each
Iron - on interfacing/stabilizer.  3 yd / $0.50

Whites & neutrals & a fun fabric for a burp cloth.
The deals were so good I have to tell you.  The turquoise sheep was 1/2 yard for $0.25.  The solid white was just shy 1 complete yard for $0.25.  The white on white was one yard exactly for $0.50.  The dark brown was 2.8 yards for $0.50.  The best deal of the day was the beige 10 yards 15 inches complete and uncut for $2!!  I say I have plans for all of it, but you know how that goes.  If I end up giving it away no great loss either.


Fabric Out:
Finished and bound the Carpenter's Star.  I counted out the backing last week, so this week I can only count out the binding.  0.36 yards
I like this design a lot.


Recovered a little stool, which I will post about later this week.  0.25 yards
This stool got a complete makeover.

There were a few other odds & ends, but I was busy sewing and not keeping track so they will get reported another week.


Fabric Purchased since last report: 15.84 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 71.51 yards

Fabric Acquired since last report: 0 yards
Fabric Acquired YTD: 22.65 yards

Fabric Used since last report: 0.61 yards
Fabric Used YTD: 105.27 yards

Total: 11.11 yards destashed

My numbers took a hit, but I think the fabric stashed will be very useful.  Overall I am sewing more and using more, so I am not too worried.

Don't forget to check out the July Giveaway to see how you can help me get a cute piece of  fabric out of the stash!  A winner will be chosen on Monday!!


Kate over at Life In Pieces has challenged us to try to stitch 15 minutes each day.  I was a busy bee this week getting things finished, preparing samples for my sewing class, and a few more items to sell at the Market Fair.  I even got a good start on the next quilt in the "needs to be quilted" queue.  Going great guns on that and then ran out of thread.  White!  Of all colors to run out of.  Oh well.  No deadline on that one, so no need for the longish trip to buy more thread.

Days stitched since last report: 7/7
Days stitched this year: 193/209
Success Rate: 92%


Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate and Life in Pieces to keep accountable.

8 comments:

  1. Some weeks you win, some weeks you hit the jackpot and you really win, but gaining fabric is never a loss situation! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I take advantage of great sales regardless of what they do to my numbers. Sure, I would love to be in the positive, but I also want to be financially wise. You got some amazing deals and I'm so glad you took advantage of them! Like you said, even if you donate them, they are fabulous deals and will turn into a blessing for someone, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, there has to be a good balance between stash and wise spending.

      Delete
  3. You did really well on the acquisition side. Hard to pass up fabric at that price. Congrats on finding time to stitch this week. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I plan to make the most of the last days of summer vacation.

      Delete
  4. Oh, that was too good to pass up at prices like that! You know that it will all come in handy. That 10+ yards could make two 86 x 100 backings, and still have enough left for an 85 x 85, or several smaller quilts! I love seeing quilting on the back of light colors like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made a light backing in a while, but I think it might be just what one of my stalled quilts needs.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!