Friday, December 2, 2016

Transportation Quilt Finished

Th Transportation Quilt was a surprise finish.

I had made the top last year, but then found out that it was not the "right theme" for the baby.  So I set it aside.  When my sister decided she wanted a coordinating quilt for the Happy Quilt I knew just what to do - finish the transportation quilt.

I had originally thought a red backing, but it just didn't seem right.  So I made a color block backing of red and blues and I like it a lot better.  The blue binding is perfect for framing it all up.

So a surprise finish, a quick finish and a finished finish!!
Coordinating, some fabric is the same, but not still unique.
Flapping in the breeze just because I like it.

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict to show off finishes.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute quilt! I love the bright, fun colors! And the color blocked backing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! on your newly completed quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling quilt! You've been really productive :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!