Friday, December 30, 2016

Cleaning Up

We had overnight company the day after Christmas.  I had to clean up and put away 90% of my sewing room in order to have enough floor space for 2 twin air mattresses.  Thank goodness my tables fold.  Now I am putting it back together and trying to get more organized in the process.

I went through some bags of donated scraps and got them all folded and put in the right place. Then I went through a basket of my own scraps and tried to make better sense of them.
I love the colors in this!

In the basket was a bag of leftover pieces, but not from anything I or my mother ever made.  I have no recollection of where these came from.  Super cute fabric.  I know I have looked at them before, but not done anything with them.  This time, since my table was blank - literally and figuratively - I worked on it.  Two of the longer strips were complete and the rest were already cut into squares, so that dictated the design for the rest.  Turns out that with a little bit of make do piecing on a few squares I was able to get the quilt center put together in no time at all.

In an effort to not leave the borders for later, which seems to be my MO and leads to many UFOs, I just dug into my stash and came up with this border.  I really like it, but I have no idea what to do with it.  It is about 34" x 38".  I imagine I can come up with a backing for it without too much trouble.

It felt really good to have a quick finish and use up stuff in the stash on a day I was only planning to clean and restore order.  Just a few guilty feelings about what was essentially starting something new when I had plenty of UFOs I need to work on.

Showing off finishes with Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Crazy Mom Quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!