Sunday, December 18, 2016

Stash Report 12/18/16

Christmas is almost here so it is fitting that Christmas fabric gets reported this week.  Unfortunately it is coming in not going out but that's okay.  Amazing deals from my favorite thrift store and I have plans for most of it.
Assorted Christmas fabrics 9.39 yards total $4.75.

I'm planning to make an apron this week for my coworker's first grade daughter for sure.   I was also thinking of Christmas pillow cases for my girls.  They want a "real" Christmas tree skirt but that is more likely to happen next year if I want to do a good job. So, I am all set for anything Christmasy that comes along and I'm okay with that. 

When we were first married and living in Moscow, Russia I started a Christmas quilt of 8-pointed stars sewn by hand as I traveled by train and sat in church services.  I finished the top and was hand quilting it when we lived in Guatemala.  We used it when I wasn't working on it.  Well one Christmas it was stolen (along with most everything else including the stove and our underwear) while we were in the US with my sick mother.  I am thinking since I have a good supply of nice Christmas fabrics maybe it is time to make another Christmas quilt.

Neutral cream w/ blue (top of photo)  5.31 yards $1.00
Can't go wrong with a good neutral. 

Black & white (far right in photo)   1/2 yard  $0.25
Another good stash basic. 


Bag of assorted Pink & Purples  1.77 yards total   $0.50

I've already used some of the pinks & purples and neutral in my boxy stars. That's my current leader & ender project and I'm glad for the new variety. 
 
Final Numbers:  16.97 yards.      $6.50      $0.38/yard   I can't regret that.


Fabric Used/Out This Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used/Out in 2016: 70.12 yards


Fabric In This Week:  16.97  yards
Fabric In 2016: 96.19 yards
 

Net Used 2016: 26.07 yards stashed

Staying accountable with Judy over at Patchwork Times.  




3 comments:

  1. Those are some great looking "thrift store" finds. I never see anything current in our stores. I'm amazed at alo the exotic places you have lived. What a wonderful experience that would be.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!