Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Dear Jane Goes All the Way to States

Middle E's Medley Relay qualified for States.  Wowzers.  She has been hoping to get to States for the past 4 years, so this was a big deal.  As a senior she finally made it.  Another road trip for Jane and I.  4 hours each way this time plus a hotel stay.  Senor J did the driving, so I got to sew there and back plus in the hotel.  Way too hot at the pool this time.


Not as much waiting and watching since the format was different.  She was the first event in Prelims bright and early which we saw and then the first event in Finals in the evening which we opted out of.  I really had a hard time not staying for Finals, but someone was antsy and it is a LONG day (8.5 hours of pure waiting between events) to watch another 27 seconds.
That's my girl!!

So Little S and Senor J swam at the hotel and then we headed home.  Since it was during the day I had light and could sew more.  We were actually home long before Finals even started.  Middle E was so good about it and fixed it so we could watch the Finals relay live on her Facebook, which made it okay.

They ended up 11th - in the State!!

My Finals and final blocks of the swim season are:



G 3 This is the block I started during the Hurricane, but had to wait for electricity in order to iron the outer ring.  No way I could have done it with wrinkly fabric.  It was hard enough as is.


B 8 I thought and though about this one.  Finally I cut four white triangles and four red kite shaped pieces.  I pinned a kite to each white and then sewed them back together to form a square.  I did the hand sewing on the trip.  Yes, I had taken into consideration the seam allowance when I machine sewed the red to the white triangles.  First I finished sewing the other 2 sides of the kites.  Then I sewed the leaves over the seam line.  Not prefect, but I am satisified.



J 1 This one is okay, but I am thinking that given the chance I would try again to get better points on the diamonds.  We'll see.

C 6 This is by far my favorite block so far.  I did a lot of thinking on this one and I am super pleased with how it turned out.  Makes me believe that I really can do better on some of the others.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!