Friday, December 23, 2016

I Can Check This Off My Bucket List

I have always been curious about making quilts from jeans.  Periodically I have saved our old jeans, but I have never made a jean quilt.

That all changed when I got a commissioned job to make a memory quilt from jeans.  I knew it would be very different from a regular quilt so I did a bit of research and made a plan.  The client wanted it to be super simple and that helped.
6 pairs of jeans + 2 pairs of denim shorts

I was nervous about the weight since she wanted batting, but for the size (twin) the final weight was not too overwhelming.  It was a bear to cut and sew though.

The client is super happy.  I am pleased with myself for having stepped out of my comfort zone.  I also know that I don't really need a jean quilt for myself, but I could do it again if asked.
It looks puckery, but it is not.  Just needs some loving to get it smoothed out.

























Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict to show off finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!