Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Dear Jane Qualifies for Regionals

Woo hoo.  Middle E qualified for Regionals with the Medley Relay and the 100 Butterfly.  Regionals was 4.5 hours away - one way.  Plus the usual sitting and waiting.

I was running out of blocks that were just applique except for a few that were way too complicated for me at this time and certainly not for this kind of setting.  I was the passenger going over in the morning so I got a lot done on the road and then more while sitting.  I took my shift driving coming home in the dark, so that maximized my sewing time.  I actually ran out of prepped blocks.



H 12  The easiest of the batch.  I'm very pleased.


D 8  I really tried hard to get my symmetry and uniformity right on this one.  I'm satisfied.



B 3  Another easy block.  I had thought a lot about how to do this.  It did require more prepping, but that made it easier.  I just made 2 identical 4-patches.  I cut a circle from one and rotated it over the other and appliqued it down.  Perfect.


 G 11  I figured out that sewing the 9-patch first and then adding the applique made it easier to get the diamonds in the right spot.  I'm not thrilled with the shape of my diamonds, but done is good.


I also worked on I 11 but my prep was rushed and not great and the 4 sections were not uniform when I tried to finish up the machine sewing at home.  Didn't even take a photo it was so bad.  I think I can redo just one quadrant and then I'll be okay.  Later.


 Don't miss the next installation -  Dear Jane Goes All the Way to States!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!