Sunday, December 4, 2016

Sometimes It's Good to Forget

I started this quilt over a year ago for my nephew-to-be.  Then I found out there was specific theme.  I aim to please so I set this aside and started over on a bear's paw quilt with woodland animal themed fabric.
Spring 2015

So this top has been languishing waiting for just the right baby.  Well, it's time has come and now I need to finish it up.

Since we are headed in to the home stretch of stash reporting for 2016 I am looking for any finish I can to help me out.  It turns out that even though I finished this quilt top I never reported the fabric out.  That certainly works in my favor.
Fall 2016

The pattern for this quilt can be found over at Jo's Country Junction.  It is a smaller version of Unchained Melody.  Their directions are super clear and this was a fast quilt to make even though quite a few of my fabrics were directional.  I adapted the outer rows for the smaller size quilt.  I would definitely make this pattern again.


Fabric Used/Out This Week: 5.72 yards top, backing and binding
Fabric Used/Out in 2016: 68.62 yards


Fabric In This Week:  0  yards
Fabric In 2016: 77.3 yards
 

Net Used 2016: 8.68 yards stashed 

At least I'm out of the double digits!

Linking up to Patchwork Times to stay accountable.


5 comments:

  1. Pretty Quilt! You will be in the black by Dec. 31st is my prediction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for telling me where to find the pattern. I really like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great quilt for a new baby. I like bright and colorful quilts for little ones and this one fits the bill nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very fun quilt for a baby. I really like the bright colors and the red border sets them all off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!