Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Sewing Goals Progress - February

At the end of 2016 with my Stash in the red, I thought about being more productive, using the stash, finishing what I've started, etc, etc...

So I took a quick mental inventory of what needs to be finished.  That pretty much verified what I've known. I like making blocks and tops.  When I get to borders and backing I lose interest unless it is a deadline quilt. But it makes no sense to sew quilt tops and let them languish uselessly unfinished.

So here's my list of unfinished projects and "want to make" projects.  Maybe 2017 will see more finishes.  Maybe not.

In January and February I did not intentionally work on any one project, but I also did not start anything new.  I ONLY worked on what needed to be done.  That seems to have worked as I did make progress and had some finishes and several advances.
WORKS STILL IN PROGRESS

Red White & Blue 
Jan: Needs the backing to be pieced. Then send out for quilting because it is way too big for me to quilt on my small frame and domestic machine 

Scrappy Mountains Majesty
Jan: Need to decide on borders or not. I have fabric for a backing already, but is it enough?

X Marks the Spot 
Jan: Need to decide on borders or not.  Then choose a backing or piece a backing. 

Strips That Sizzle 
Jan: Decide on borders or not.  Choose a backing. I have a possibility but need to check size.
Feb: Dark blue borders seemed to speak to me and are sewn on!
The forest green sheets will be fine and are already prepped for the background.
Making Progress

Spider Web
Jan: Count the finished blocks. Lay out and web the top together. Then choose a backing.  
Feb: finished a few more and it is the new Leader/Ender project

Curtain Quilt
Jan: Finish colored strip sections and join to neutral sections.  Choose Backing 

Boxy Stars 
Jan: Keep Leadering & Ending

Feb: Finished squares L/E style during the Carnival Quilts.  Choose sashing and setting squares.
Tentative Layout that I didn't like.

Quinceanos Quilt
Jan: Hopefully by May 2017 before she graduates from HS.  It is 3 years late already.
Choose borders and backing 

College Quilt
Jan: After Middle E commits to a college. Choose design.   I have fabrics if it is college #1
Feb: I noticed that she loved a chevron design in a non-quilt item. For now chevron is my plan.

Christmas Quilt
Jan: Thinking that with my recent influx of Christmas fabrics I need to try to replace my Christmas quilt that was stolen.  This one would not be hand sewn.

Christmas Stockings
Jan: Got a tentative commission to make stockings for a co-worker's children during the summer.
Follow up showing her fabric options.

Aprons for My Girls


Baby Quilt
Jan: Due September
Just found out a co-worker is expecting.
I'll wait to find out what her color preferences, gender, theme, etc are.

Another Baby Quilt
Feb: Found out a co-worker is going to be a grandma.  I need to get details 

And Another Baby Quilt
Feb: My sister needs another baby boy quilt for a friend.  No preferences. Simple design.
Due ASAP. 

FINISHED PROJECTS
Jan: waiting for squares to come back from class.  Due March 2017
Finished late January!!

Jan: waiting for squares to come back from class.  Due March 2017
Finished mid-February.

Dec: Didn't get this done for Christmas, but no real deadline.  Use up the cat fabrics.



Finished by New Years!! Lucy loves it!


Linking up to Patchwork Times, where Judy has challenged us to get a project finished this month.



2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of variety and keeps playing with fabric exciting. Congratulations on progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first ever quilt was a "Strips that Sizzle" one. Yours looks fantastic! The dark border is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!