Friday, March 10, 2017

ABC Baby Boy Quilt is a Top

A surprise finish considering how my last few weeks have gone - sick and super busy.  So I am very happy.  It's going to a new baby boy and I think the look is just right.
Hmmm.  A little wavy after the pre-wash.
I was really unsure about the borders.  The orange border was already cut and in the same bag with the ABC squares that were also already cut.   It seemed like a waste to not use it as the inner border especially since the length was good.  

I auditioned almost every other color for the next border including strips of the ABC fabric also already cut.   Blue worked best and I like it even better with the green corner square.   

For me the decision making is always the most time consuming part of a project.  Sewing goes quickly after that. 

Plan A for quilting: I need to fiddle with the sewing machine I use for quilting since it was super uncooperative for another project.  I am hoping it just needed a "vacation" and now it will be fine.  Unfortunately I have lost interest in the quilt that is stuck under the uncooperative foot. 

Plan B is to borrow my sister's machine for which I have a walking foot and use that to quilt the ABC quilt.  Will probably be faster and less frustrating.  

Either way I am happy with reaching the flimsy stage on this.  Super Duper happy it was all stash and the backing will be as well! 

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict to show off finishes.

3 comments:

  1. Cute quilt. I hope the quilting goes ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! for a quilt made entirely from stash!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyful little quilt. yes, sometimes the thinking IS the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!