Friday, March 17, 2017

Baby Boy ABC Quilt is Finished

I thought and thought about how to quilt this and what color thread.
A windy day
I borrowed my sister's machine because I have a walking foot for it.  So I was thinking of straight line quilting.  I went with red thread since the backing is red and it is so colorful on the front. 
Straight lines on both sides of all the blocks
I quilted straight lines in the center and diagonal lines in the borders.  The red thread worked out well I think.  
Diagonals in the borders
Spring Vacation gave me a full day to sew uninterrupted.  Got the quilting done and then binding. 
The back shows the quilting details really well.

Because there is so much red fabric I washed it yet again with a Color Catcher. I was surprised at how much color came out again even though both front and back had already been washed.

There was just a bit of the ABC flannel left so I made a burp cloth also. 
Matching Burp cloth with baby's name

I am please with how it turned out and glad that I tried something new.  The client is happy and that's really the important part. 

Showing off finishes with Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  

1 comment:

  1. Red thread was the perfect choice. This is such a bright, happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!