Friday, March 24, 2017

Emergency Quilt Done in Time

TA DAAAA!
A bit over 24 hours from start to finish!  A record for me.
Trying for a straight line.
The fact that I didn't have to go to work or prep anything for work helped a lot, but I did wash and hang 3 loads of laundry, cook dinner, help Little S with homework, take the girls out for lunch, go get the power cord for the sewing machine and it was my day to visit my dad in Memory Care. 
I am starting to love the walking foot for bindings.
I guess that means I am dilly dallying too much on my normal sewing projects since they take much longer.  No, because even with chores and stuff a vacation day is very different than a work day. Especially the energy level.  
Pinned and ready to quilt.
Anyways, I am super pleased with the result.  While I was sewing I had the feeling that the mom that this quilt is going to really needs a good "pick me up" and I think the bright energy of this quilt and the love it comes with will be good for her.
This old Cranston VIP fabric was perfect for the backing
The Winnie the Pooh fabric was just right for the outer border.



Linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict to show off finishes.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting this one done! I love the bright colors. If the recipient wants less bright there is always the back! Great job getting it finished in time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!