Friday, February 17, 2017

Carnival Quilt #2 Done

Well, almost.  I just have to sew in all the thread tails.  Since the thread broke a lot there are more tails than usual. I changed the needle and re-threaded the machine but it still broke more than usual.  Frustrating.  But done at last.
The Front!!
I wanted a light blue/turquoise thread but couldn't find any so I went with variegated pastels on the front.  I was not sure at all but it blended in perfectly with the wide border on the front.  So much so that I could only work on it in full daylight so that I could see where I had been.  
Quilting on back
The back was a toss up.  Since the blocks alternate light and dark there was no best color.  I went with my old stand by - variegated blue.  I think it worked fine. 
More quilting on back
I had yesterday afternoon off unexpectedly so I got the quilting done.  Then did the binding in the evening.  We have a 4 day weekend and now this is not hanging over my head and I can move forward with something else - or clean the house! 
Perfect blend on the border
I really like how this quilt turned out, but for some reason it was hard to finish up.  Potentially it is my last carnival quilt. Maybe that is why it dragged out.

Little S asked if I would make one next year even if she is not at that school anymore. I think I would for Ms D if my schedule allows.  After making one for her for the last 4 years it's pretty much a tradition.  Only making one carnival quilt would make a difference as well.  Who knows what next year will bring. 

For know I'm happy to be so close to finished.  A good movie tonight and those threads will be done. 

Showing off finishes with Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict   

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!