Sunday, February 19, 2017

Stash Report 021917

Good news and bad news for the stash.

I'll go ahead and get the bad out of the way.

No, I didn't stop at the Thrift Store, but there was a church rummage sale last weekend.  I got solid white 100% cotton.  That is always useful.
Lots and lots of white!!

After I washed and measured it I realized something very odd.  Several of the pieces are 36" wide total, but are woven in a tube.  Not sewn, but woven.  Any ideas what the original intent was for that?  The best I can come up with is pillowcases.   8.75 usable yards for $3.50

Maybe a pillowcase!


Then we went back to the rummage sale the next day since everything was half off and I got this 2 yard beauty for 25c.  Not at all sure what to do with it, but I do like it.

10.75 yards for $3.75 = $0.36 / yard

Carnival Quilt Back

Good news is that I finished preparing the backing for the 2nd Carnival Quilt.  I didn't have anything large enough that would work, so I cut 10.5" squares from all the beachy "loud" prints that I had in my stash.  Basically it's now a reversible quilt.   Some of the squares had to be seriously pieced to make them 10.5", but I'm okay with that. Most of those fabrics are completely used up now and I'm very okay about that.   This was the perfect place for them.

Fabric Purchased This Week: 10.75 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 21.01 yards

Fabric Acquired This Week: 0 yards
Fabric Acquired YTD: 0 yards

Fabric Used This Week: 2.85 yards Carnival Quilt #2 backing
Fabric Used YTD: 13.25 yards

Fabric Stashed in 2017:  7.76 yards 

Back in the red.  But Senor G is away and I don't have to cook or clean for 10 days!  The girls and I are super flexible.  In fact they prefer the "fend for yourself" dinners.  I see some more finishes in my future!

Staying accountable with Judy over at Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!