Monday, February 20, 2017

Design Floor Monday

Bonnie Hunter's Boxy Stars has been my Leader & Ender project for at least a year.  It finally got to the point where I had 4 units left so I just sewed them and that was that.

It was a super busy weekend, so I just laid them out on the floor to think about placement every time I walked by.  This was my first try - random with none of the same fabrics in the same block.  But I think some of the pinks are too dark or too light and the star effect is lost.
Not quite right

I tried again making stars that were either dark or lighter and I think that worked better.  No photo though.

I sewed them up webbing style row by row and that was very fast.  I just made sure to only sew the horizontal seam on each pair not the whole row.

So Boxy Stars has moved out of the Leader & Ender stage and into the UFO stage.  Sashings, setting squares and borders next.

Linking up to Patchwork Times to share progress.


1 comment:

  1. I love this Bonnie pattern. Your controlled colorway is up my alley. Nice size quilt you'll end up with too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!