Friday, February 10, 2017

Carnival Quilt #2 Top Finished

The teacher requested "beachy" for Little S's class carnival auction quilt.  I wasn't sure what to do.  This was Plan Z of all my ideas.   I love the way it came out. The outer border fabric was a surprise perfect combination.   Turquoise was too much for the inner border, but the yellow is just right.
Late afternoon lighting.  Not the best, but you get the idea.

I just love it.  I'm calling it "Beach Glass."

I really like the carnival quilts because I get to experiment with ideas but I don't have to store it!!

Backing.  Not a drop left of most of those fabrics!!

The back is 10" squares of all the beachy print "loud" fabrics that didn't work for the front.  So it will be a reversible quilt.  

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict to show off finishes.

2 comments:

  1. Great quilt! I especially like the back. I just wanted to let you know that I host a charity sewing link-up on my blog every Wednesday and invite you to link up any posts about charity-related quilting you do. Last week's linkup is still open, and there will be another this Wednesday :)
    http://katandcatquilts.blogspot.com/2017/02/sew-some-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beach glass is a gorgeous name for it, and the perfect inspiration for a beautiful blue quilt :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!