Monday, December 1, 2014

Good Start to Grand Illusion

I have stood on the sidelines for the previous mysteries since life just didn't let me play along.  This year I am going to play too! I was working and working on cleaning my work space and getting things in order.  I think subconsciously I felt guilty starting something new if I did not even have a clean work surface.  Work area is ready to go and I got lots of fabric and stuff out unexpectedly (you can see how that happened right here)  so I felt like I earned a new project.

Since I was cleaning I did not pull fabrics ahead of time so when the clue came out I was busy choosing colors right away.  I had read the introduction enough times that I knew what to look for.  I was very thankful that I had quite a few 2.5" strips to get started with.  When those were used up I moved on to cutting from the larger stash.
80 HST set aside
Started cutting, sewed a bit, make a sample and moved along.  I wasn't sure about the constant yellow, but ended up having enough to have a constant yellow for this part at least.  Good enough.  I also decided that I am not going to agonize over my color choices.  I am going to work with what I have and that is good enough.
Sewing the last seams
It is unusual to have this much free time to work on sewing, so I was able to complete Part 1 in two days.  Not sure what will happen next week.  But that's okay too.  I will do what I can.
Ready to iron
Looking good!
Done until next Friday
Probably won't fit in this box for long!
Head over to Quiltville   to see how the others are doing.









7 comments:

  1. Have fun with the mystery! Your colours look very bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really powered through all those HSTs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely broken dishes, I think you will need a larger box:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and you are right it won't fit in that box for long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fabrics and colors look great! Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!