Thursday, December 4, 2014

Dakota's Quilt Part II

Things were slow for one more day so I took advantage to get Dakota's quilt top done. I would have liked the border to be wider and without the cornerstones but there was not enough fabric.  All in all I really like it anyways.  I will bind it in black.
Worked on the backing too.  I had not thought about that at all.  I have some other images I could have incorporated but they were not great so I decided to keep it simple.  Once again I was limited by the fabric. The solid red was not wide enough so I it added the dog house print which I really like.  It is directional and in various pieces - not enough total for the back - but this one piece fit perfectly.  
I have finished tops but not quilted anything in a really long time so if I can make myself quilt it this will be my first complete finish in a while.  I realized I like the piecing best and not the quilting    But I really want to have this one done before the Christmas break starts so I will get it done - if life stays reasonable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!